Azure Collective

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Azure Collective

Forum for discussion of Maelstrom based LRP group: The Azure Collective

The Azure Collective is Looking for new members
Please see the Azure Collective Information Forum for more info relating to becoming part of the Collective.

4 posters

Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering

Tzitzimie
    Tzitzimie
    Chief Jeweler
    Chief Jeweler

Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering Empty Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering

Post  Tzitzimie Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:56 am

hey, forgot my phone at work so will have to do it on here,

right what is 'new town' like and also what is leith like? are they within walking distance. are they scary?
    nr shops , uni etc
    Zipacna
    Zipacna
    Slave Master
    Slave Master

Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering Empty Re: Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering

Post  Zipacna Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 am

New Town's very nice. Very close to the city centre, but quite expensive. The pubs are filled with guys in salmon-pink shirts and girls who rode horses when they were younger and say 'yah' a lot.

Leith's much further away, much rougher in parts, but much more reasonably priced. It's commonly referred to as 'up-and-coming' which means there's some really nice places, but also some dodgy bits. Bits of Trainspotting were filmed there. Smile

Marchmont or Newington are more studenty areas - close to the uni buildings and have studenty prices.
    Tzitzimie
    Tzitzimie
    Chief Jeweler
    Chief Jeweler

Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering Empty Re: Questons for hugh or nick if he fancies anwsering

Post  Tzitzimie Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 am

ahh why thankyou, well new town sounds hilarious! and not quite sure i would fit in with that shizzle, although i did ride a pony when i was lil so i could blend in a lil.

where does hugh live?
    Zipacna
    Zipacna
    Slave Master
    Slave Master

Post  Zipacna Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:01 am

What would you call it, Hugh? Bruntsfield? It's just west of Marchmont, within a stone's throw of the Meadows (a big park in town). Again, a nice area and a lot of Edinburgh Uni is just the other side of the Meadows.
    Quetzli
    Quetzli

Post  Quetzli Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:13 am

nope im not going to big it up by saying i live in bruntsfield(which is quite nice) i live in toll cross, which is sort of the scummier bit inbetween bruntsfield and town.

Leith is miles away from the university, and new town is very nice but expensive as Nick said.

Again nick has got it down, Newington and Marchmont are studenty, with, in my opinion, marchmont being nicer.

It'll be probably just down to where you can get for what money you have, just give us a bell with addresses and ill see if i know anything more about the area.
    Tzitzimie
    Tzitzimie
    Chief Jeweler
    Chief Jeweler

Post  Tzitzimie Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:32 am

Right,

what is South Clerk st like, in newington i think?

Going to visit it tommorow.

apparently it is a ten min walk to the mile - so this mile what is it?
    Matcoltic

Post  Matcoltic Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 am

The Royal Mile, i.e. the streets from the castle to the palace: High Street, Canongate etc.

South Clerk Street: busy street, lots of traffic, lots of small shops/takeaways/etc. with two or three stories of flats above them.

You can find out all of this and more from maps.google.co.uk and from looking up Edinburgh on Wikipedia, or the tourist board site or something.

I agree with the comments above on Newington, Marchmont, New Town, Leith, Toll Cross etc.
    Tzitzimie
    Tzitzimie
    Chief Jeweler
    Chief Jeweler

Post  Tzitzimie Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 am

Cheers for the info
    Quetzli
    Quetzli

Post  Quetzli Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:56 am

Matcoltic - Are you a member of the Tenizidi? Will (K'rustaclon) mentioned that you had joined the forum.

Also do you live in Edinburgh? A couple of our group live there now and another will be pretty soon.
    Matcoltic

Post  Matcoltic Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:48 am

I'm not living in Edinburgh just now, but I still have connections there.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:42 pm